Hudson Valley engagement or adventure elopement, THE CLIFFS AT LITTLE STONY POINT
12 Hudson Valley Engagement & Adventure Elopement Locations in 2022
Here is a list of my top Hudson Valley Engagement & Adventure Elopement Locations. Please note that all of these places are accessible as engagement photography locations, though three require a fee. However, in regards to holding an adventure elopement, I advise you to reach out to each location individually to inquire about their specific, most up to date policies. Also, all of these places require sturdy shoes. That does not mean you can’t bring a more fun pair of shoes to replace your practical shoes when we are photographing.
1. My most favorite place for a Hudson Valley engagement or adventure elopement is Little Stony Point in Cold Spring, NY. This small state park has it all. There is a beach on the Hudson River, a wooded trail, a bridge, and an amazing cliff. Best of all, you can easily hit all locations very easily and without much effort. Meaning you won’t be all sweaty after a short, somewhat steep hike to the cliffs.
Use these links to check out engagement sessions I have done at Little Stony Point:
Heather and Cherie’s Engagement Session
Amber and Paul’s Engagement Session
THE BEACH AT LITTLE STONY POINT
2. Minnewaska State Park Preserve located in Kerhonkson, NY is one of the most popular Hudson Valley Engagement & Adventure Elopement Locations. The area is best known for its cliffs and waterfalls. Sam Point’s preserve is where you find the view and cliffs. This is also the highest point of the Shawangunk Mountains. It takes about a half-hour to walk up to Sam Point. An additional hour hike will get you to the amazing Verkeerderkill Falls. They are worth the trek!
THE CLIFF AT SAM’S POINT
- 3. Flat Rock in Garrison, NY is a great Hudson Valley Engagement & Adventure Elopement Location, that is very easily accessible. A quicPeter’s k 20-minute flat trail leads you past ruins, a meadow, over a bridge, to a little beach and along some wonderful rocks that jut right into the Hudson River.
You can check out Brittany and Peter’s engagement session at Flat Rock here:
THE RUINS ON THE WAY TO FLAT ROCK
BY THE RIVER AT FLAT ROCK
12 Beautiful Hudson Valley Engagement & Adventure Elopement Locations
4. Poet’s Walk in Red Hook, NY is as romantic as it sounds. This hour-long trail crosses a gorgeous rustic gazebo, a view of the river, a woodland trail, and some lovely fields.
5. Mohonk Moutain House. If the 1869 Victorian Castle does not woe you, the ground most certainly will. The lake is breathtaking and so are the trails that overlook the Shawangunk mountains. A small adventure elopement on the trails or at the lake, followed by an evening in the castle would be superb.
6. Long Dock Park in Beacon is very easily accessible. There is of course a small dock, a tiny beach, and a lovely trail. The place is especially lovely just before sunset.
THE TRAIL AT LONG DOCK PARK
7. The waterfront in Cold Spring, NY is near and dear to me. It is about a ten-minute walk from my home. There is the gazebo, the waterfront, lovely blooming trees in the spring, a lovely field by the Hudson that has a most spectacular view. It is one of my favorite Hudson Valley Engagement & Adventure Elopement Locations
You can check out Colleen and Chris’ Engagement session in Cold Spring here:
Colleen & Chris’ Engagement Session
And an elopement here:
A Gorgeous Sunset Elopement in the Hudson Valley (christineashburnweddings.com)
COLD SPRING WATERFRONT
COLD SPRING WATERFRONT
8. Constitution Marsh in Garrison is a unique area. It is an Audobon preserve actually. A short trail leads to a marsh that has a boardwalk that juts out into the Hudson. This area is especially beautiful just before sunset. A dear friend of mine eloped here along a stream and then headed to Riverview Restaurant in Cold Spring, NY for dinner.
9. Trophy Point at West Point. This small area has the biggest view. In addition, there is a small trail and a lovely grassy area with trees. Photographing here requires permission beforehand along with a West Point Id to enter the campus. The process to obtain this special ID is not complicated but it does take about a half-hour. I advise cutting through this red tape before your engagement session or elopement.
You can check out Ruby and Christian’s micro wedding at West Point here:
TROPHY POINT AT WEST POINT
10. Rockefeller State Park Preserve in Tarrytown, NY. This super sweet walk leads you past the infamous Stone Barns at Blue Hill Restaurant and Farm. This spot is particularly sweet in the fall. The old trees and the sprawling farm is just so picturesque.
ROCKEFELLER STATE PARK PRESERVE
11. Boscobel Home and Garden in Cold Spring, NY is also just down the road from my house. Boscobel is just jaw-droppingly beautiful. In addition to one of the most unrivaled views in the Hudson Valley, there is also an apple orchard, a wooded trail, a mansion, an herb garden, a path lined with large old trees, and a formal garden. This might be one of my most favorite locations to have a Hudson Valley engagement or adventure elopement. However, it comes at a cost. There is a fee to photograph professionally at Boscobel.
Use the link below to check out Caroline and Louis’ Boscobel Wedding:
SUNSET AT BOSCOBEL HOME AND GARDEN
THE APPLE ORCHARD AT BOSCOBEL HOME AND GARDEN
12. Glynwood in Cold Spring is also wonderful. Glynwood is a working farm and educational farming center. The farm is the definition of bucolic. There is a lake, pastures, and just all-around gorgeousness here. However, there is also a fee for photographing professionally here.
Check out a Glynwood Farm wedding here:
THE BOCOLIC SURROUNDS AT GLYNWOOD FARM
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Elopement in the Hudson Valley, New York
Katelyn and Nick reached out to me after they decided they wanted to have a last minute elopement in the Hudson Valley. They originally had planned a larger out-of-state wedding, but due to COVID, decided to postpone to a micro wedding with just immediate family and...
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Christine Ashburn Wedding Photography Less Posing, More Being Glynwood Farm, A Hudson Valley Wedding Venue in Cold Spring, NY This guide has some tips, and will tell you everything you need to know about how to choose the right wedding photographer for you. Before You...